Justin W. Ruth
Justin W. Ruth concentrates his practice in the area of domestic/family law, including dissolution of marriage, maintenance, child custody and support, modification, adoption, and paternity matters. He has negotiated and drafted numerous pre and post-nuptial agreements and has also developed an expertise in the division of retirement assets, including Qualified Domestic Relations orders (QDROs). Additionally, Justin is frequently appointed by the Court as Guardian ad Litem to represent children in contested custody matters.
Justin received his undergraduate degree from The University of Virginia in 1997 and received his law degree in 2001 from the Washington University School of Law in St. Louis, Missouri. He immediately began practicing in the area of domestic/family law and has gained a reputation as a skilled and knowledgeable attorney. Justin has successfully represented clients in complicated and demanding matters both at trial and through detailed negotiation. He is a member of The Missouri Bar, The St. Louis County Bar Association , and The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis.
Justin has lectured on various topics, both locally and nationally, and has authored articles for legal journals and legal education handbooks. He is active in the St. Louis community and regularly volunteers his time to assist military veterans with their legal issues. He has served as an evaluator and judge for various law-related competitions, including, Washington University's Moot Court, and the State High School Mock trial.
Areas of Practice
- Family/Domestic Law
- J.D., Washington University - St. Louis, 2001
- B.A., Psychology, University of Virginia, 1997, Honors
- Speaker, "QDROs and Tax Issues in Divorce," National Business Institute, September 2015.
- Speaker, "Discovery & Evidence in Divorce," National Business Institute, September 2013.
- Speaker, "Financial Divorce Settlements From Start To Finish," National Business Institute, September 2011.
- Speaker, "Do You Have What It Takes: Family Law Practice," Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants - Fraud and Forensics Seminar, November 2010.
- Co-Author, Dissolution of Marriage: A Practical Overview, Missouri Medicine, November/December 2004, Vol. 101, No. 6.
- Co-Author, Chapter on Antenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements, The Missouri Bar Family Law Continuing Legal Education Deskbook, Sixth Edition, 2004.